Sunday 10 November 2013

Sunday mornings mean only one thing: Farmers Market

When you wake up with a blue sky like today and a warm sun shining over the city and its chimneys, what's better than grab a coffee and walk to your local Farmers Market?
I live in Queens Park and our market is open every Sunday between 10am and 2pm.
With the nice weather it's very nice because from 11am kids are running around and families are meeting up for breakfast, the atmosphere is great!

Between all the food stalls you can find some vegan options at The Old Post Office Bakery like their Sausage Roll (accidentally vegan) or this Spicy Veg Roll I got today, which wasn't spicy at all but very tasty and yummy!



The best thing about these market though is to buy fresh organic veggies from farmers and you can find varieties that you wouldn't easily find in big supermarkets!
Today I bought these amazing chards that I will use during the week to cook my Wild Mushroom and Spelt Terrine for Cookisto, but I also found cavolo nero (perfect to make the Tuscan soup Ribollita) and purple carrots!



Kitchen is waiting for me now!
Happy Sunday lovely people!
Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment